Waste Management Dispatcher (5 years of experience) - $21.50 hourly - Remote in Houston, Texas
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Communicates back and forth with Waste Management Drivers to assist with problem resolution while on route for residential, commercial and roll-off lines of business. Handles incoming service orders, directs drivers, and resolves service issues. Interacts with customers that includes Waste Management customer service, sales, and operational staff (i.e. Route Managers, Mechanics etc.). Uses Waste Management proprietary software to manage same day ticket routing as well as preparing all routes for the next day. Shifts vary with the potential for overtime and Saturday hours depending on each Market area dispatch center needs. Some travel (up to 15%) may be required to work face to face with sites dispatcher is responsible for.
- 5 years of Dispatching experience
- Trucking, Transportation or Logistics experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good follow through ability
- Adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Strong Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Effective with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Desire to learn and work as part of a collaborative team
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Computer skills: You should be proficient with computer technology, able to learn company-specific programs, and access GPS monitoring programs.
- Analytical thinking: This can help you assess situations like unanticipated road closures. Should you reschedule or send the driver on an alternate route?
- Language skills: You should be fluent in English, and knowing a second language as well can be very advantageous and make you a stronger candidate.
- Interpersonal skills: You'll be working with drivers, customers, and vendors, not all of whom will necessarily have the same goals in mind.
_Essential Duties and Responsibilities_
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Dispatches drivers to calls as they are received, using information on customer needs, drivers’ locations and loads, and daily factors to balance cost and customer satisfaction.
- Works with sites and the service department to optimize routes based on needs of the customer.
- Determines the daily level of driver staffing to provide best mix of responsiveness and productivity
- Assigns routes and service tickets to appropriate drivers throughout the day and for the next day; manages and determines route actions and assuring route completion.
- Handles fields incoming calls and e-mails from customer service and sales department; manages requests for all pick-up or delivery on any container movement within the Market area.
- Initiates communication to customers while drivers are on-site/location, resolving pick-up and other issues delaying the service.
- Troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and pick-up problems before they result in service issues
- Ensures same-day service on missed pick-ups by managing the routing for all routes and tracking Driver movement in the field
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
- Experience: 5 years of Dispatching work experience with working in a team setting, with the ability to communicate to several areas effectively. Multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment with excellent organizational skills.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Computer skills with ability to handle multiple programs and systems
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally via e-mail, telephone, and 2 way devices
- Must have the desire and ability to learn Waste Management proprietary software applications
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: *Administrative Support
Title: Dispatcher (5 years of experience) - $21.50 hourly - Remote
Requisition ID: 21014826