Waste Management Builders Direct Desk Agent - Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
At Waste Management, we value the importance of establishing and maintaining a solid team of wonderful people that work well together. This means that we stand with one foot firmly planted in the present, while directing our eyes toward the future. To that end, we’re always looking for great talent and, when we have the opportunity to do so, pipelining for future needs. This is one such occasion. This means that while we don’t have a current Builders Direct Desk Agent opening to place someone into, we would love to explore how you may fit into this role when the time comes.
Location: 1901 Afton St - Houston, TX 77055-2203
The Builder’s Direct Desk Agent (BDD) provides customer service for the construction department by serving as a point of contact for the customer and acting as liaison between the customer and operations. This position manages inbound calls, processes small contractor new service requests, assists all contractor service needs and provides outside sales rep support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Fields incoming calls of low to mid-level complexity for the construction department independently and proficiently.
• Acts as contact for and liaison to construction customers and operations.
• Strives to meet or exceed service and operational goals established for productivity, quality, and timeliness
• Works to understand customers’ needs, issues and requests.
• Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by working with customers, operations, sales and set-up departments to resolve issues including escalated and complex customer service issues.
• Communicates and coordinates with sales and operations departments to ensure follow-up on sales leads, set-ups, missed pick-ups and other customer-related issues.
• Initiates outbound calls to customers to ensure resolution of issues, customer satisfaction and to build loyalty.
• Provides information and education to customers regarding service options, charges and billing questions.
• Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
Experience: 2 years previous Customer Service experience and leading others
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Know the Business
General Competencies Include:
Communicate With Impact
Make Sound Decisions
Proficient with Computer and Software Applications
Influence and Negotiate
Use Ethical Practices
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.