Waste Management Area Sales Director - South Atlantic in Charlotte, North Carolina
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Supports the growth and development of the sales team in the assigned Area with greater than $830 Million in revenue. Manages all sales related activities including follow-up and proper sales administration in alignment with Sales Effectiveness and Sales Segmentation.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Focuses the districts on growing/upgrading existing accounts and on generating new business to maximize revenue and profits and to improve each district’s performance in the market place.
• Develops and implements an effective sales strategy, in alignment with Sales Effectiveness while working closely with Functional Sales Managers, Area Pricing Managers, and other Group Sales Segment Management personnel.
• Develops a strong customer base within the appropriate geographical area, and calls on prospective customers. Initiates telephone communications and makes sales presentations.
• Identifies prospects and approaches potential major accounts and grows existing accounts. Meets or exceeds sales quotas as determined by the Area Vice President.
• Ensures customer satisfaction through direct communication and solicitation of feedback.
• Leads, trains, monitors and motivates the sales management team to increase revenue.
• Monitors the sales incentive plan(s) and ensures that sales staff can explain their potential earnings and benefits.
• Monitors, tracks, and reports all sales activity. Accurately forecasts monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue streams.
• Maintains awareness of competition and trends affecting the industry.
• Works with other districts, Area, and Group management to maximize public relations activities.
• Develops solid team of sales performers, through hands-on recruiting, hiring, and training.
• Works with Corporate Sales and Marketing in the development of marketing statistics and sales efforts for each line of business within the Area.
• Develops proposal strategy and manages proposal development as appropriate.
• Utilizing the PDS program, trains and develops sales team for future advancement.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of managerial employees. This includes:
• Direct supervision of 8 full-time employees, including:
• Indirect supervision of 95+ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Finance, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience: Ten years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”