Waste Management Market Sales Manager - Alabama in Birmingham, Alabama
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
Based in Birmingham, AL, but will cover the entire state of AL.
I. Job Summary
Generates profitable new account revenue by leading team of field sales people. Assists in developing and executing the Market Area’s Sales and Marketing Plan in order to achieve revenue goals for the Outside Sales channel. Identifies, qualifies and ranks prospects and assigns selling responsibility to the appropriate Outside Sales Representative (OSR) or Account Manager (AM).
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Maintains and reinforces the corporate sales strategy and design with the Outside Sales Team.
• Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with Market Area Management to resolve unique prospective customer issues.
• Demonstrates outstanding management and customer service skills to motivate sales team members.
• Maintains an ongoing training, coaching and mentoring program in order to develop the skills of our sales representatives.
• Supervises activities of our sales representatives and ensures that team members meet or exceed sales call activity, sales pipeline growth, and new sales revenue.
• Effectively manages, maintains and ensures the use of Waste Management sales tools (i.e. Prospect Management, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.). Ensures entire Outside Sales Team is well trained in the use of these tools.
• Provides expert industry knowledge and interpretation our sales representatives and customers.
• Assists in the communication and maintenance of the Market Area’s pricing and service strategies.
• Interviews and selects qualified candidates for open positions.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
• Direct supervision of 12 full-time employees, including Outside Sales Reps, Account Managers, Territory Managers, and Major Account Managers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
Experience: 3 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement), in direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments. Internal requirements include 3-years of proven success.
This is a management position. Placement into or advancement to this position is dependent upon individual performance, local market conditions and/or district's requirements. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of training prerequisites and Market Area management approval.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Candidates must be able to: build relationships, communicate with impact, demonstrate adaptability, think analytically, demonstrate integrity and courage, demonstrate professionalism, demonstrate leadership/coaching, initiate action, produce results, think strategically, focus on customers, gain commitment, influence and negotiate, leverage diversity, manage work/time, plan and organize, and use ethical practices.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or outside sales.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.